Family & Friends | Mittineague Park | Music | Walk Photos | Wildflowers | Scripting | Sitemap | Blog | Contact | Home
Mittineague.com Home Mittineague
Welcome to the Mittineague Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clean Options Plugin

Posting is closed between 03:00:00 and 06:00:00 (GMT - 4 Hours)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: April 13 2007, 02:10    Post subject: Clean Options Plugin Reply with quote

This forum is for Support for the Clean Options plugin. To leave general comments, make suggestions for improvement, etc. please go to http://www.mittineague.com/blog/2007/04/clean-options-plugin/
For more information about the plugin, please visit http://www.mittineague.com/dev/co.php
junomat
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostPosted: November 20 2007, 10:26    Post subject: Re: Clean Options Plugin Reply with quote

This plugin is incredible! I've been waiting for something like this for ages. My wp_options table has over 1000 records and it's now over 1 meg in file size. I really need to clean it up. I posted about this on the WP forums a year or so ago and pretty much was laughed at for a desire for a plugin. So you rule!

But sadly the program locks up on me.

What information should I send you to trouble shoot this?

Thanks again...
junomat
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostPosted: November 26 2007, 02:49    Post subject: Re: Clean Options Plugin Reply with quote

anything?

it's still timing-out.
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: November 30 2007, 20:55    Post subject: timing out Reply with quote

I'm disappointed to hear this. I made some changes in version 0.9.3 to increase the memory limit and optimize memory use and had hoped the problem was solved.
Currently, the script checks to see if the ini settings for 'memory_limit' are less than 32M and if so, sets them to 32M
If you feel comfortable modifying the file, you could try changing
Code:
if ( $mem_lim_as_bytes < 33554432 )
{
   ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');
}
to something like 64M or higher
Code:
//if ( $mem_lim_as_bytes < 33554432 )
//{
   ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');
//}
If the problem is more of a timeout problem rather than a memory problem, I could try adding a check of the 'max_execution_time' setting.
What are your server's ini settings for 'memory_limit' and 'max_execution_time'?
junomat
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostPosted: December 01 2007, 00:15    Post subject: Re: Clean Options Plugin Reply with quote

Hey!

Thanks for writing back.

I tried upping to 64M and it didn't make a difference.

This is all my php.ini has in it:
register_globals = Off ;
session.use_trans_sid = 0 ;

upload_max_filesize = 10M ;
post_max_size = 20M ;

Should I add or change something?

I am also running .9.6 Beta and my wp_options has 1,013 records and is 1.7 megs.
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: December 01 2007, 02:35    Post subject: plugin bug Reply with quote

Thanks for being patient. My email was down a few days or I would have answered sooner.

If you upload a phpinfo file, it should show more than that (I hope). Try uploading a file with:
Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
(BTW, it's a good idea to delete it after you're done so others won't see the info.)

I forgot to ask an important question, When is it hanging? Do you get the first screen (with the 'Find Orphaned Options' button) OK?
The second with the listed options and the 'View Selected Options Information' button?
The info Review page (with the 'Submit' button)?
Or after that?
webmaestro
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostPosted: August 27 2008, 14:21    Post subject: Is Clean Options 'ready for prime time'? Reply with quote

Clean Options looks very interesting, but is officially at 0.9.7 beta. What's holding it back from its 1.0 release? Do you have a 1.0 release planned?

Thanks!

Clay
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: October 08 2008, 15:34    Post subject: plugin version Reply with quote

Hi webmaestro, welcome to the forums,

I apologize for the lengthy delay in replying. The auto-notification must have failed for some reason and I missed your post until now.

I have considered releasing a "RC 1.0.0" version, but have been waiting until I add (by popular request) a "select all" option. This requires me to do some non-trivial code rewriting and I have been putting it off until the colder weather forces me to spend more time indoors.

As for any concerns you may have about the plugin being a "Beta", AFAIK most of the bugs have been discovered and worked out, and the "RC" should only have the feature enhancement, not bug fixes.
webmaestro
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostPosted: October 08 2008, 15:52    Post subject: Good to know... Reply with quote

Let's see if the auto-notification widget is working better now... Wink

Thanks for the update.
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: November 13 2008, 01:59    Post subject: Release Candidate Reply with quote

Because several of the plugin's users have had problems when their wp_options table contained an excessive number or "rss_hash" options, in the release candidate I have increased the ini_set() memory_limit from 32M to 64M and have also added a "Delete ALL rss Options" to the plugin. The limit for this to show is arbitrarily set at a row count of 250 or more rows.

I strongly believe that deletion of rows from the wp_options table should be done thoughtfully and with care. But it is not expected that removing all of the "rss_hash" options, including the current ones, will cause any problems. However, it makes the performance of a database BACKUP prior to deletion even more important.
Posting is closed between 03:00:00 and 06:00:00 (GMT - 4 Hours)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mittineague Forum Index -> WordPress All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: