Family & Friends | Mittineague Park | Home | Walk Photos | Wildflowers | Scripting | Sitemap | Blog | Contact |
Mittineague.com Home Mittineague
Welcome to the Mittineague Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posting is closed between 03:00:00 and 06:00:00 (GMT - 4 Hours)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d4v_admin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostPosted: January 17 2008, 15:03    Post subject: 740,000 Reply with quote

yes that's right, I have 740,000 records in my wp-options table. they are almost completely from one pluginsource tht apparently went haywire. All there is in the table is the name and a value of 0 for each record number.

I am afraid to run your plugin because I don't want to crash my host server again. they already suspended me for 4 days because the site was using too much ram.

the 740,000 records do not seem to be slowing things down much although since I don't know when they arose I have nothing to compare the site load time to.

please let me know if you think I can run your plugin without shutting things down again.

I was deleting a few records this morning in another table through php admin and the server crashed so doing this seems like an impossibility.

since the website seems ok now, is it best to just leave well enough alone?
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: January 17 2008, 19:33    Post subject: server resource usage Reply with quote

Whew! That is a lot. I have had some plugin users report having troubles with their server's memory limit settings, which I have added code for. And I plan on adding a time limit fix as I have heard of problems there too. I have also had a few requests for a "check all" for those with lots of orphaned options that were inconvenienced with needing to check a lot of boxes one at a time. But hearing this, I think it may be a good idea to limit the results too.
Currently, the script reads files looking for "in use" options. It then makes 2 database queries.
Code:
SELECT option_name, option_value FROM $wpdb->options WHERE autoload = 'yes'
and
Code:
SELECT option_name, option_value FROM $wpdb->options WHERE autoload != 'yes'

When options are chosen from the list for preview, the field values are put into memory prior to deletion using
Code:
SELECT option_name, option_value, option_description FROM $wpdb->options WHERE
or
Code:
SELECT option_name, option_value FROM $wpdb->options WHERE
depending on the WordPress version.
When checked on the preview page, the script uses delete_option() to delete the row.

I will have to figure out a way to get different ranges to restrict the query result sets.
If you're not having trouble with your blog as it is, you can wait until I write a next version with new features.
Otherwise, I think you would be better off doing this by running a custom DELETE query. If you can find something characteristic of the numerous records that is unique to them and would not delete something you want to keep, that is.
d4v_admin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostPosted: January 17 2008, 19:54    Post subject: massive delete needed or maybe not Reply with quote

10 wp_options 740,044 22.2 MB 22.2 MB 17.7 KB

I had to load a different theme in order to get the server host to unsuspend my account. apparently the theme was interacting with the plugin and causing an infinite loop. at least that is what I think happened.

ever since I loaded the new theme (which I like better), things have been pretty smooth. the plugin involved is actually loaded again on the site and works perfectly (it never worked quite right on the old theme).

it has been about 10 days now and my host hasn't suspended the account again as far as I know the server has only gone down once, this morning when I was deleting records in a different table.

I appreciate your thoughts. yea, the record name is identical for all of the thousands of records so if I can figure out how to do a custom delete query that is probably the way to go.

btw the table records are not increasing so whatever was happening has been stopped.

I am going to do nothing for now.

thanks for your reply
Posting is closed between 03:00:00 and 06:00:00 (GMT - 4 Hours)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mittineague Forum Index -> WordPress All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: