Family & Friends | Mittineague Park | Home | Walk Photos | Wildflowers | Scripting | Sitemap | Blog | Contact |
Mittineague.com Home Mittineague
Welcome to the Mittineague Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

clean options -> fatal error

Posting is closed between 03:00:00 and 06:00:00 (GMT - 4 Hours)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unnicknamed
Newcomer Level I
Newcomer Level I

PostPosted: September 07 2009, 16:41    Post subject: clean options -> fatal error Reply with quote

Hi there,
im running WP 2.6.5 & clean options 1.2.2.

When i hit "find orphaned options" i get a fatal error:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_version() in /www/htdocs/v145474/blog/wp-content/plugins/clean-options/cleanoptions .php on line 970

What can i do?
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: September 07 2009, 19:46    Post subject: fatal error Reply with quote

Hi unnicknamed, welcome to the forums.

My apologies. I was under the impression that that function was introduced in WordPress version 2.5 but upon more research it was with version 2.7

As I still haven't changed the "plugin requires" from the original 2.1 yet, I should have caught that, again, sorry.

IMHO if you are running anything less than WordPress version 2.8.4 you should upgrade ASAP to avoid being attacked via the xmlrpc.php security hole.

But as you (and others) may have your reasons that justify the risk, I'll put a fix in the next release. I was going to issue another release within the next couple of days to include a Belarusian translation, and I'm sure I can modify the code to make some allowance for older WP versions that don't have that function too.
unnicknamed
Newcomer Level I
Newcomer Level I

PostPosted: September 09 2009, 20:12    Post subject: Re: clean options -> fatal error Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply. Smile

Now ive finally upgraded to 2.8.4 Rolling Eyes and all i get is a blank screen...?

Have i missed something?
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: September 09 2009, 22:07    Post subject: blank screen Reply with quote

Well, that certainly isn't any good. I notice your wp-options table has 5976 rows. Not good, but it doesn't seem like it's all that many either compared to some.

I also notice the German. Do you have the de_DE.mo file in the "languages" folder and that folder is under the Clean Options folder?

If you temporarily comment out the line
Code:
define ('WPLANG', 'de_DE');

in your config file, do you still get a blank page?

Is that the first page? Or after you click "find"?

If you look at view-source, do you see anything after the
Code:
<h2>Clean Options</h2>

The information should help, thanks.
unnicknamed
Newcomer Level I
Newcomer Level I

PostPosted: September 10 2009, 05:41    Post subject: Re: clean options -> fatal error Reply with quote

Ok, thank you, ill check this as soon as possible.

I think the rows mainly come from the Sitemap Generator Plugin [http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/sitemap-generator-plugin-for-word press/] ...???
Maybe ill contact them too.

Ill post the rest (language&config) when im back home.

This happens after the click on "Find".
unnicknamed
Newcomer Level I
Newcomer Level I

PostPosted: September 10 2009, 09:15    Post subject: Re: clean options -> fatal error Reply with quote

Ok, here we go... :)

The changes in the config-file does nothing; de_DE.mo exists in the language-folder and the source says:

Code:
      <h2>Clean Options</h2>
      <form method="post" action="/wp-admin/tools.php?page=cleanoptions.php">
<input type="hidden" id="_mitt_co_pro" name="_mitt_co_pro" value="45e259bd5f" /><input type="hidden" name="_wp_http_referer" value="/wp-admin/tools.php?page=cleanoptions.php" />

But now that: If i select "Don't show the Alternate Syntax Warnings for this "Find"" it works... :shock:
wtf?!
But ok, when this is the way to go for me, i can life with it.

BTW: Thanks for this plugin, there were a lot of useless stuff in my db, from running this Blog for nearly 4 Years and testing some plugins. (And im to lazy to scan the db manually.) :rolleyes:

So when all this can help you to help me (*lol) or if you need some other informations, please let me know.
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: September 10 2009, 11:53    Post subject: alternate syntax Reply with quote

:d'oh: I just realized I was on the wrong track when I was thinking the problem might be translation related. I was thinking of the Ping Watcher plugin that does have a German translation. But as the Clean Options plugin does not, all that is off-track. Embarassed

Anyway, I'm glad it works with the "Alternate Syntax" warnings off. I took a quick look and I can't see where the problem might be, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the screen shots, and if you discover any more clues, please let me know. Thanks again.
unnicknamed
Newcomer Level I
Newcomer Level I

PostPosted: September 19 2009, 10:56    Post subject: Re: clean options -> fatal error Reply with quote

Now i installed clean options into 3 other blogs and everything works fine...
Why not on blog.friedels-untugend.de? *lol

Maybe there is problem whit another plugin...?!?
I will check this the next days. Confused

(And let you know, of course)
Posting is closed between 03:00:00 and 06:00:00 (GMT - 4 Hours)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mittineague Forum Index -> WordPress All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: