Family & Friends | Mittineague Park | Home | Walk Photos | Wildflowers | Scripting | Sitemap | Blog | Contact |
Mittineague.com Home Mittineague
Welcome to the Mittineague Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Problem

Posting is closed between 03:00:00 and 06:00:00 (GMT - 4 Hours)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maciejpienkala
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostPosted: January 06 2007, 10:10    Post subject: Forum Problem Reply with quote

Hello Everybody. I have a big problem on my forum which is run on the same script like yours. Every time when I woke up and turn on my computer I see that there is a lot of links to strange domains with nothing on them but usually redirecting to bad sites ;-( This links looks like :

<SNIP/> No links in posts - Admin

We all know what SPAM links in forum posts look like don't we? No need to post any examples and only advertise for them Smile
- Admin

Does anyone know how to block this links on my forum ?
Maciej Pienkala
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: January 06 2007, 13:17    Post subject: SPAM in phpBB Forum posts Reply with quote

Hi maciejpienkala, welcome to the Mittineague forums,
As you may have noticed, this forum does not have HTML enabled. This prevents anyone from posting anchor links (and any other potentially mal-mark-up).
If you had posted the links' hrefs as text, you would have noticed that they did NOT become "linkified".
And, as you noticed, the example bbcode links you posted did NOT turn into links, but rather displayed the href URL.
This is the result of a Beta MOD I have been working on. Initially I intended for it to display the actual href values of anchor links so that the link addresses could not be "hidden" by misleading link text. eg
href='badsite'>Good Text</a> will show as "badsite"
But I have since decided to make further changes so that any links will be replaced by "<SNIP/>" or something like "Forum Rules - No links".
I should be finished with these changes soon and will post the MOD in the Scripting section of Mittineague. When I do so I will post a follow-up post here.
Mittineague
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: January 09 2007, 00:30    Post subject: MOD to remove links from posts. Reply with quote

I've finished the MOD Easy No BBcode Links
I have submitted it to the phpBB MOD database and it is awaiting approval.
They may decide to make a few changes, but feel free to try it out now.
I hope it helps with your forum's SPAM link problem.
As you can see by looking at your OP, the links have been replaced by the MOD.
Posting is closed between 03:00:00 and 06:00:00 (GMT - 4 Hours)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mittineague Forum Index -> phpBB Forum MODs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: